Handwriting worksheets designed for you
Handwriting is a complex skill and children acquire it at different ages. There is no ‘set age’ a child should have mastered a skill by. However, there are 5 developmental stages.
1. Establish a hand dominance.
2. Hold a pencil correctly.
3. Be able to control a pencil with confidence.
4. Learn how to draw pre-writing (handwriting) patterns.
5. Gain letter control by writing the alphabet, then words, moving onto sentences and finally stories.
How to find what you are looking for…
All these worksheets will help with the developmental stages 3, 4 and 5.
There are two ways to search:
- Firstly you can search by the child’s age. The page covers are colour coded.
- Alternatively, you can search by the developmental stage. The title and the page images of the worksheets will show you the skill being mastered.
Sometimes searching by age can be misleading. Children who are struggling to write may need to re-practice some of the skills that would have been taught to them in their previous academic year. Dropping down an age group is not a sign of failure.
For this reason, you will find within the specific age groups other handwriting sheets that will be of benefit.
Here are the worksheets and more…
All worksheets have square covers and all handwriting services have circle images.
I am so pleased to say that these have all been nominated for the TES Bev Evans resource author of the year 2017.
If you do not find what you are looking for, let me know and I may create it for you.
NEW worksheets being added every week, keep a look out for more!