What if EVERYDAY in your school...
> Handwriting teaching standards had not just increased but excelled
> You had a whole school approach to handwriting that not just worked but was based on the latest research
> Extra support was given to a child finding handwriting difficult BEFORE it became a real issue
> Your staff had solutions to handwriting problems that saved time and made their life easier
Handwriting Consultancy Service is a 3-month support service where you have your own in-house occupational therapist advising you on how to assess, evaluate and improve handwriting in your school.
By the end of the 3-months, handwriting standards and knowledge will have SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASED beyond your wildest dreams.
Let me ask you this?
Do handwriting standards vary across your school? Are there some children that seem to be excelling ahead and others who seem to have work hard but still their writing is difficult to read.
Are you trying to implement a creative writing strategy and the pupils handwriting is affecting the success of their story writing skills? Many schools are realising that to improve story writing they need to be improving their handwriting standards as well.
Are you looking to have one handwriting approach across your school? Teaching handwriting is rarely given the priority that it deserves and yet is one method of assessment schools are being measured by.
Do you fear that some of your pupils are failing at writing? Some children can be asked a question and answer it with beautiful detail yet their written answers show a lack of understanding because they have hardly written anything. There is often a developmental cause for this that is easily fixable.
I’m Sheilagh Blyth and I KNOW how to improve children’s handwriting in a way that is easy and enjoyable.
- I’m a best-selling author of ‘The Early Handwriting Toolkit’
- I have helped numerous children increase their handwriting speed by more than one whole year group
- For the last 4 years, I've spoken at the TES Special Educational Needs Show in London
- I regularly work in schools and I train teachers on how to develop handwriting skills
- I know exactly what is and is not expected of children's writing in the classroom
- I create all my own resources so that they capture a child’s imagination and want to do more. (These were nominated for a TES award in 2017)
- Being a children’s occupational therapist I use this medical knowledge to apply the latest scientific research so that your child is never learning old techniques
The Handwriting Consultancy service is for schools wishing to improve the teaching methods and handwriting standards both now and in the future. Using a developmental approach your staff will learn how to watch out for bad pencil grips, improve letter formations, develop legible cursive writing, reduce word spaces and improve handwriting speed.
We will create handwriting champions who will be trained as your school's first response meaning never having a child wait to see an Occupational Therapist for handwriting problems unnecessarily.
All my training is a fun and interactive. Your staff will learn how to apply the latest research and easy to apply handwriting strategies to a whole classroom.
So what’s exactly included ?
- 3 months 1:1 occupational therapy support giving your staff and pupils time to implement changes. This is your chance to have your own OT working in your school meeting the needs of your pupils.
- 24/7 support to your senior leadership team meaning you never have to wait to a visit to address handwriting concerns.
- Personalised training to designated handwriting champions. This will guarantee that the good work will continue even when I have left.
- Regular handwriting advice clinics including individual assessment and classroom observations.
- FREE access to ALL my handwriting worksheets on the website. Most teachers download an average of £150 worth of resources.
- Unlimited access for 10 staff to my online handwriting training called 'The Inspirational Teacher'. This is valued at £970.
- An optional extra is to run a 1 1/2 hr training session to parents on how they can improve their child's handwriting.
All of this for just £2500 (VAT exempt)
Here’s what happens next…
- Complete the contact form and within 24 hours I will get back to you to discuss proposed needs and when you would like this service to commence.
I don’t want head teachers a year from now wishing they had contacted me. Handwriting takes time for the children to master and it takes time for schools to be banishing the bad habits that sometimes the children arrive with.
Don’t waste time trying to work out what to do next. If you think your school needs this help, then they need it to start today! If you are in doubt contact me and I'll happily create a tailored package for your school's specific needs.
I'm saying yes to having handwriting training in my school and I'm completing the contact form below.