Between 10-34% of children leave school without mastering handwriting
> It's true, this research based fact is supported by teachers in the classroom
> Children are struggling to easily join up their letters
> Writing is still needed in today's world and yet teachers are saying they cannot help everyone.
A Handwriting Assessment is a face to face assessment looking at hand function, letter formation, and handwriting speed in your child's home or school.
It will tell you EXACTLY if there is an issue, how to help your child improve their handwriting and how they can remain motivated to learn.
Let me ask you this?
Do you have a niggle that your child's writing is different to those in his or her class? Are there some children that seem to be excelling ahead of your child, yet they do not seem to have to work hard?
Has your child's class teacher suggested that a handwriting assessment is needed? Have you had 'that' conversation where your child's school has advised something needs to be done about their handwriting? It happens a lot but no one seems to tell anyone else. You do not have to be alone in helping your child learn to write.
Is your child saying their hand hurts when they write? This maybe due to a bad habit that was not picked up early enough and it is avoidable. But if it continues your child will learn to write less and this is not what is wanted especially during exam times.
Do you fear your child is trying to avoid writing both at home and at school? Some children can be asked a question and answer it with beautiful detail yet their written answers show a lack of understanding because they have hardly written anything. Do not let this be your child.
I’m Sheilagh Blyth and I KNOW how to improve children’s handwriting in a way that is easy and enjoyable.
- I’m a best-selling author of ‘The Early Handwriting Toolkit’
- I can transform children’s writing in less than 5 minutes
- I have helped numerous children increase their handwriting speed by more than one whole year group
- I regularly work in schools and I train teachers on how to develop handwriting skills
- I know exactly what is and is not expected of children's writing in the classroom
- Being a children’s occupational therapist I use this medical knowledge to apply the latest scientific research so that your child is never learning old techniques
A Handwriting Assessment is the best way to quickly identify and solve any handwriting concerns. It is the 'creme de la creme' of assessments because it involves a face to face assessment and nothing beats seeing handwriting in action.
Without it, it is possible to miss the change in pencil grip half way through writing, the little finger wiggles because the hand is hurting, the big intake of breath and sighing to show how much effort is needed to write. It is also not fully possible to notice how someone is sitting and what they get distracted by when writing.
Due to this being a face to face assessment there are some geographical limitations. Any appointment is only offered within a 1 1/2 hour travel radius of Chichester in West Sussex.
So what’s exactly included ?
- A 1 - 1.5 hr assessment with your child giving them time to show all their handwriting abilities.
- Child rating scale of handwriting, using the pictorial 'Here's how I write' self-assessment and goal setting tool. This is used to discover how your child feels about their handwriting.
- Hand function analysis confirming that your child has the physical hand skills needed to write.
- Assessment of handwriting components looking at pencil grip, letter formation, letter size, word spacing and handwriting speed.
- A standardised visual perceptual test helping to identify that your child has the ability to visually recognise letters.
- Sitting position check meaning your child is not developing bad habits when writing which could later cause back or neck pain.
- Instant parent feedback after the assessment, usually lasting 30 minutes.
- Detailed report giving strategies and techniques to help your child improve their handwriting. This is a PDF document sent to you, (and your school should you wish) within 2 weeks of the appointment.
All of this for just £447
Here’s what happens when you click on the button to purchase…
- You’ll enter a secure checkout page where you will have an option to pay by Paypal or debit/credit card.
- A 25% deposit is requested.
- Once payment has been made, you will instantly receive a confirmation email.
- I will then contact you within 24 hours to arrange an appointment. Appointments are usually within 2 weeks from the date of the deposit being paid.
I don’t want parents that a year from now wish they had contacted me rather than sitting on the knowledge and waiting. Handwriting takes time to master and yet bad habits creep in so easily.
Don’t waste time trying to work out what to do next. If you think your child needs this help, then they need it to start today! If you are in doubt contact me and I'll happily discuss what you can do to help your child.