Looking for a way your child can continue to practice and improve their handwriting without doing any boring worksheets?
You need our:
Handwriting Practice Club - Seniors
with Sheilagh Blyth MSc (Occupational Therapist)
Are you worried that your child's handwriting is deteriorating?
We are dedicated to ensuring your child’s handwriting stays on track. Our expertly crafted programme empowers students to go from uncertain to confident writers. With engaging daily practices and optional group calls offering personalised guidance, we will unleash their potential.
Are you ready to look at your child’s work and feel confident a teacher can read it?
Help release your child's academic potential with our daily writing activities
How are we going to do that?
But wait...are you thinking that asking your child to do a months worth of daily writing practice is a big ask?
We've helped many parents like you.
Those who have concerns about their child’s handwriting. Fearing that old habits of messy writing will reappear. Wanting to ensure poor handwriting does not lead to self doubt. Or a reluctance to engage in written tasks that might hinder academic performance.
"He's already done his writing before I ask him."
(Jodie and Glenn)
Hi I would like to say that I really enjoyed your course and the zoom calls I think this has made a very positive impact on my writing because most people can actually read it now. Cory
"My son loves the Club."
This handwriting practice club is for those students who:
We asked one of the clubs members to tell us about it
And this is what was made! This amazing student chose to show us his handwriting. Next, he formatted the video and added the music himself – a massive thank you.
Take a look in detail at our structured handwriting improvement plan - 5 easy steps
1. Engage Your child in Daily Writing Adventures
- Warm-up Activities: Develop pen control and hand skills with stimulating warm-up exercises.
- Daily Writing Adventures: Engage your child in 15 minute daily writing activities. Helping them to express opinions by answering thought provoking questions about historical events.
- Reflection and Improvement: Reflect on work, rate success with emojis, and identify areas for improvement.
- Daily Progress Tracking: Track progress with a fun coloring activity.
- Rest Day Passes: Avoid feeling overwhelmed. Take breaks or earn extra passes through acts of kindness activities.
2. Develop smart skills mind* for success
Empower your child with the tools for success through smart mind skills training.
- Unlocking Secrets: Unlock the secrets of self control, strategic planning, and adaptive thinking. Looking at attention, organisation and perseverance.
- Enhancing Working Memory: Through smart mind training, enhance your child’s working memory skills.
- Proactive Problem Solver: Each month, examine one topic in detail and select three new strategies to try.
3. Excel in School Subjects with Targeted Handwriting Skills
Elevate your child’s academic performance through subject specific handwriting excellence.
- New Monthly Subjects: Empower your child to excel at school by honing their subject specific writing skills.
- Developing Key Skills: Focus on developing key skills tailored to each subject.
- Improved Writing Ease: Practice and master subject-specific words for greater writing ease.
4. Unlock the Knowledge Vault with Bite-sized ‘How To’ Videos
Unleash the power of our video vault.
- Quick and Discreet: Get quick and discreet answers to common questions and concerns.
- Concise and Time Efficient: Each video is less than 4 minutes long.
- Tackling Taboo Topics: Addressing topics that people often hesitate to ask about.
5. Harness the Power of Group Support for Handwriting Success
Join our exclusive group Zoom calls and experience the benefits of collaborative learning.
- Goal Setting: With Sheilagh’s help your child will set realistic goals.
- Goal Tracking Group Calls: Attend mid month group calls. Helping your child to track their progress and maintain consistency.
- Scheduled Sessions: Calls take place on Wednesdays in the first and third week of the month. From 7 to 7.30pm GMT. These are not recorded.
Option 1: Help with Handwriting Club - SeniorsA handwriting practice club with a difference
- Review a school subject and set a handwriting goal for the month.
- 2 zoom group support calls a month at 7.00 to 7.30pm GMT
- Bite sized writing practice activities.
- Access to the vault - a library of 'how to handwriting videos' - new videos added every month.
- Never worry about future price increases. The price you join at is the price you will always pay.
- Suitable for 11 to 16 year olds.
Option 2: Help with Handwriting Club - Seniors for 1 student doing their Duke of Edinburgh award
- Everything covered in the Club.
- Access for 4 months.
- Requirement to attend 5 out of the possible 8 zoom group support calls.
- Duke of Edinburgh assessors report completed under the life skills component.
"The content is very engaging and helpful."
"The students feel they are in control of their own improvement."
About Me: Sheilagh - Your Child's Handwriting Occupational Therapist
Hello, I’m Sheilagh, and I’m here to be your child’s dedicated handwriting guide at the Handwriting Practice Club. Whether you prefer to call me a coach, tutor or Occupational Therapist, my primary goal is to help your child excel in their handwriting.
Why I Created the Club:
My Commitment to Your Child's Success:
Join the Handwriting Club:
Frequently asked questions
Our club offers expert guidance and structured writing practices. We believe in continuous advancement through daily practice. All the content uses our occupational therapy know-how about handwriting. Your child will receive all the motivation and support they need to boost their skills.
Absolutely. Our club provides access to exclusive resources, expert mentorship and collaborative learning opportunities. We provide all ongoing support. Ensuring your child’s handwriting journey is successful and impactful.
We understand your concerns. Rest assured, we have a proven track record of helping students achieve improvements. We have testimonials from satisfied parents and members of the club. In our handwriting practice club we can give your child everything they need but it is them that still needs to do the daily practices.
While there may be some free resources available, our club offers a structured approach with expert guidance. This mentorship goes beyond what any free resources can provide.
We understand that each child is unique. Our handwriting practice club offers a variety of engaging activities. And our ongoing support helps to make their journey enjoyable. We strive to tailor the experience to your child’s needs. If they do not like it, you can cancel the monthly subscription at any time.
Absolutely. We understand that every child has different strengths and challenges. Our Zoom calls can provide personalised guidance to address individual needs. We want to make the learning experience both positive and effective.
Our club is designed to be flexible. For your child, the daily writing activities take approximately 15 minutes. We understand busy schedules and have included optional rest day breaks for them. For you, we ask that you print out the worksheets so that they have them in advance. Our aim is to fit seamlessly into your routine while delivering great results.
In accordance with Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel and obtain a full refund within 14 days from the date of purchase in circumstances where you have not had access to the course material. Refund requests should be made in writing to Support@HelpWithHandwriting.co.uk and a full refund will be provided within 14 working days.
We’ve been featured in:
The Good Schools Guide
Penguin Random House UK
TES SEN Show
University of Southampton
Occupational Therapy Show
About Help with Handwriting:
We’re an occupational therapy company helping children aged 4 to 16 years improve their handwriting. We believe handwriting is a life skill that everyone can learn and typing is not always the best option. Our way is to make it fun, engaging and real. Let us connect and make this work for your child.