What if EVERY day your child...
> No longer struggled with handwriting
> Easily joined up their letters
> Enjoyed learning to write and stopped making up excuses to avoid it.
> You understood exactly how to help your child easily progress
The Handwriting Skype Programme is a series of 6 x Skype sessions looking at improving your child's hand function, letter formation, and handwriting speed all whilst they remain in their own home.
Each session I will tell you EXACTLY what aspect of handwriting needs to be practised, I will provide all the worksheets required and I will show your child it is possible to write and have fun.
Let me ask you this?
Do you have a niggle that your child's writing is different to those in his or her class? Are there some children that seem to be excelling ahead of your child, yet they do not seem to have to work hard?
Has your child's class teacher suggested that a handwriting assessment is needed? Have you had 'that' conversation where your child's school has advised something needs to be done about their handwriting? It happens a lot but no one seems to tell anyone else. You do not have to be alone in helping your child learn to write.
Is your child saying their hand hurts when they write? This maybe due to a bad habit that was not picked up early enough and it is avoidable. But if it continues your child will learn to write less and this is not what is wanted especially during exam times.
Do you fear your child is trying to avoid writing both at home and at school? Some children can be asked a question and answer it with beautiful detail yet their written answers show a lack of understanding because they have hardly written anything. Do not let this be your child.
I’m Sheilagh Blyth and I KNOW how to improve children’s handwriting in a way that is easy and enjoyable.
- I’m a best-selling author of ‘The Early Handwriting Toolkit’
- I have helped numerous children increase their handwriting speed by more than one whole year group
- I regularly work in schools and I train teachers on how to develop handwriting skills
- I know exactly what is and is not expected of children's writing in the classroom
- I create all my own resources so that they capture a child’s imagination and want to do more. (These were nominated for a TES award in 2017)
- Being a children’s occupational therapist I use this medical knowledge to apply the latest scientific research so that your child is never learning old techniques
The Handwriting Skype Programme is ideal for parents who wish step-by-step guidance over a number of weeks to help improve their child's handwriting. You will receive expert guidance once a fortnight and in between these times, you will have all the tools to help become your child's handwriting teacher at home.
Due to this NOT being a face to face assessment there are no geographical limitations. You will be asked to film your child writing and this can easily be done on a mobile phone.
So what’s exactly included ?
- A series of 6 x fortnightly Skype sessions meaning that you are fully supported whilst your child improves their handwriting.
- Every session is for 45 minutes giving you time to digest and ask questions.
- Occassionally you will film your child writing for 5 minutes, this will help me analyse their handwriting and their progress.
- Your child will use a self-rating scale for handwriting called 'Here's how I write'. It is used to discover how they feel about their handwriting.
- Discuss the 'homework' produced and set new fortnightly handwriting goals. Your child is asked to be there at the beginning and at the end of the Skype calls.
- In between the sessions your child will be given 'homework' specific to their individual goals. The homework is worksheets created by myself and have been nominated for awards. This equates to a minimum of £60 worth of resources.
- A summary report reviewing your child's progress is given at the end of the sessions. This can be forwarded to your school.
- An extra bonus that does not always happen is that you may see my cat called 'Jet' appear in the background, as he likes to see what is going on!
All of this for just £267
Here’s what happens when you click on the button to purchase…
- You’ll enter a secure checkout page where you will have an option to pay by Paypal or debit/credit card.
- Once payment has been made, you will instantly receive a confirmation email.
- I will then contact you within 24 hours to arrange an appointment. The Skype sessions are recommended to be fortnightly and can be after school or on the weekends.
I don’t want parents that a year from now wish they had contacted me rather than sitting on the knowledge and waiting. Handwriting takes time to master and yet bad habits creep in so easily.
Don’t waste time trying to work out what to do next. If you think your child needs this help, then they need it to start today! If you are in doubt contact me and I'll happily discuss what you can do to help your child.