Are you looking for something fun that your child can get their teeth into, that is “educational” and handwriting related?
You need our:
Design an Escape Room
A self-paced online course with 11 hours of activities where your child will design and create an escape room using Google Slides. Suitable for 11 to 14 year olds. Helping your child maintain their handwriting when ‘school is out’.
Comprehensive and Structured Curriculum
Engaging and Interactive Content
High Level of Quality and Expertise
Help with Handwriting has been featured in:
Wouldn't it be great to have something your child can show and tell you this holiday?
Imagine an activity that is engaging and offers an immersive experience. One where your child develops essential problem-solving skills by designing an escape room. Whilst stealthily improving their handwriting presentation skills. Helping them to go back to school step ahead of others. Our Escape Room activity is unique, combining the fun of creating escape rooms with handwriting.
So this holiday give your child a purpose to get our of bed with our:
How are we going to do that?
Design an Escape Room is for:
Take a look in more detail
Discover how the ‘Design an Escape Room’ delivers great results and keeps your child engaged.
The Adventure Begins – Unlock the World of Escape Rooms
- Become immersed in two online escape rooms. Identify key elements and write down your observations and reflections.
- Unleash imaginations by exploring popular escape room themes. Select a favourite theme and express reasons for the attraction.
- Handwriting activity – Writing a pros/cons list and reminding how to write a paragraph that is not one side of a page.
Decoding the Engima – Unleash your Puzzle Skills
- Explore diverse puzzle types and solve engaging worksheets.
- Understand the significance of a logical and intuitive puzzle flow in an escape room.
- Handwriting activity – Visually represent the puzzle sequence and connections through a flowchart.
Weaving Tales of Intrigue – Unleashing the Power of Storytelling
- Explore the importance of a compelling story theme in an escape room.
- Understand the elements of a catchy title that grabs attention and creates intrigue.
- Handwriting activity – Writing legibly with and without speed.
Crafting Immersive Realms – Mastering Theme, Room Layout and Atmosphere
- Students will create a detailed floor plan or layout for their escape room. Incorporating thoughtful considerations of spatial arrangement and puzzle placement.
- Design the sequence of puzzles using their provided scenario.
- Handwriting activity – Effectively using a mindmap to generate puzzle ideas.
Unleashing your Creativity – Crafting your Own Escape Room
- Design and create a captivating digital escape room using Google Slides.
- Design puzzles to go in the room that requires logical thinking and foster problem-solving.
- Handwriting activity – None for this module as it is all about the creation of their room.
Trails and Triumphs – Testing the Limits of Your Design
- Apply lessons learned to their own escape room creation, turning trials into triumphs.
- Gain insights on how to incorporate player feedback to enhance the overall escape room design.
- Handwriting activity – Writing a numerical list and instructions for users of their escape room.
The Grand Finale – Polishing your Masterpiece!
- Review their escape room design to ensure it matches their initial vision.
- Celebrate the completion of their escape room and share it with others.
- Handwriting activity – Write a persuasive piece of writing, selling the room idea to others with an emphasis on writing quotation marks correctly.
Mastering your Written Word – Reviewing your Handwriting Skills
- Handwriting activity – Self-review of all the handwriting activities completed in this course.
Design an Escape RoomA self paced online course
- Suitable for 11 to 14 year olds.
- All course content is housed on a training platform designed to motivate teens with hidden Easter eggs and points awarded.
- 8 modules with approximately 11 hours of content, may be longer if your child gets engrossed with their theme design.
- Self paced course with a structured curriculum.
- Support and feedback given as part of our 'Feedback Fridays'.
- Engaging and Interactive Content teaching how to create an escape room and how to improve handwriting.
- 6 months access
Introducing the Course Creator and Feedback Fridays Reviewer:
“What is so great about this course is that it can be done again and again, giving great value for the money. Every new room designed and shared offers an amazing learning experience”.
Sheilagh Blyth MSc, BSc OT (Hons) is the founder of Help with Handwriting. To read more about us at Help with Handwriting read this.
Get in touch with us here for personalised guidance.
Did you know...
Frequently asked questions
Generally, the self-paced course will take approximately 11 hours to complete. However, the duration may vary depending on the individual’s pace and level of engagement. The flexible nature of the course allows your child to progress at their own speed.
To take part in the course, your child will need access to a computer or tablet with an internet connection. Moreover, all suggestions of using Canva for visual props and puzzles have been referred to as using the unpaid version. Additionally, your child will need basic stationery supplies. For example pens, paper, rulers, markers and old magazines if they wish to make a collage.
As a parent, you will have access to a dashboard where you can check your child’s progress. Basically, this will allow you to see which activities have been completed. So track their engagement and celebrate their achievements. Additionally, regular updates will keep you informed about their progress and any milestones reached.
This course provides flexibility for you and your child. So whether it’s during the summer months or at any other time of the year, they can begin the course whenever it suits them best. Indeed, the materials are accessible, allowing them to work through the course at their own pace.
In accordance with Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel and obtain a full refund within 14 days from the date of purchase in circumstances where you have not had access to the course material. Refund requests should be made in writing to Support@HelpWithHandwriting.co.uk and a full refund will be provided within 14 working days.
In the event that online content has been provided to you, or one or more training sessions have already taken place within the first 14 days following your purchase, you are still entitled to request a refund, but the value of the lesson(s) shall be deducted from the amount paid by you, along with any reasonable costs which have been borne by us in respect of the administrative costs of enrolling you on the course.