It’s time for this months September handwriting ideas.
Well its official, school is back everywhere.
September is the time where uniforms are being checked that they fit and new pencil cases are being bought. Teachers are wondering what their pupils remember after the summer holidays. Probably you, as parents, are making a sigh of relief that a normal routine is resuming. There is something reassuring about normality.
To help your child get ahead of the game why don’t you get them to do some of these handwriting ideas. They will take no longer than 5 to 10 minutes to complete. Keeping handwriting practice regular and fun is crucial. These activities will certainly achieve that.
Here are 10 fabulous September handwriting ideas for your kids by date:
- 2nd September 1666 – The Great Fire of London starts and destroys 10,000 homes. Is your child able to be writing a fire evacuation plan for your home?
- 4th September 1981 – Beyonce Knowles (singer) is born. How many singers can they list in 20 seconds?
- 7th September 1998 – Google, the search engine, begins. When searching the internet, what 10 things can we find tricky without this using platform?
- 9th September 1995 – The PlayStation game console is released by Sony in USA. How many game titles can your child be naming and writing down?
- 12th September 1957 – NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command) begins, it conducts aerospace warnings. Furthermore, it also tracks Santa’s location on 24th December for everyone to see. By the way, has your child started writing their Christmas present list? Get them to start today. However, only the neatest of handwriting will Santa be accepting!
- 15th September 1928 – Sir Alexander Fleming observes mould growing in his lab, this is killing bacteria. Later, this finding becomes known as penicillin. How many words can be created from the word ‘Penicillin’. As an example: in, pen, pencil.
- 19th September 1982 – First recording of someone using an emoticon 🙂 takes place. How many emoticon feelings can they be naming?
- 23rd September 1846 – Planet Neptune was discovered. How many astronauts can your child write?
- 24th September 1948 – The Honda Motor Company launches. How many car manufacturers can your child be writing in 20 seconds?
- 30th September 2004 – The first images of a living giant squid in its natural habitat are seen. Now how many other sea creatures can your child be naming and writing?
I wish you a great start to the new school year and I hope your child finds these September handwriting ideas as much fun to do as I had creating them.