Are you worried that the summer holidays might be too long and your child’s handwriting might get a bit rusty?
Then you need our:
Summer handwriting pack
An online course with 3 weeks’ worth of daily worksheets for your child and a video vault for parents of 10 common handwriting problems solved instantly. Helping to keep handwriting practice fun. Created for 8 to 10 year olds.
3 Week Programme
58 individual handwriting worksheets
Parental checklist and monthly Q&A support calls
Help with Handwriting has been featured in:
Concerned your child's progress will stagnate over the school holidays?
Picture this: Two children returning to school after the summer break. One child appears confident and happy, effortlessly picking up where they left off in July. Their handwriting is neat and precise, demonstrating progress and continuity. The other child seems a bit overwhelmed, struggling to regain their rhythm. Their handwriting is messy, reflecting a temporary setback due to the summer break.
This is where our 'Summer Handwriting Pack' will help.
Be your child's motivator and congratulator this summer by:
How are we going to do that?
We’ve supported numerous parents like you.
"Much more engaging, and targeted, than the traditional handwriting practice books."
The summer handwriting pack was a great way for my 9 year old son to keep his new skills fresh over the break and fun enough for him not to feel as though it was a chore. I was really impressed with the variety of different exercises Sheilagh had come up with, which were much more engaging, and targeted, than the traditional handwriting practice books we had tried and failed to complete before (Amy, Mum of Walt, age 9)
Take a look in more detail
Immerse your child in a daily handwriting journey.
Every week we cover different handwriting skills on different days. For example, this is how it looks:
Day 1: Enhance visual perception and pencil control skills. Day 2: Perfect letter sizing with confidence. Day 3: Master the art of joined-up writing. Day 4: Write flawlessly on the lines. Day 5: Create legible words with proper spacing.
Week 1: On a beach holiday
- Day 1 – Sun, Sea and Mazes. Colour and problem solve five different maze puzzles.
- Day 2 – Word games – Make words from Scrabble tile letters.
- Day 3 – Telling the truth. Answer 24 questions but some have to be a lie!
- Day 4 – Off on a mystery holiday. What would they pack in their suitcase and where would they go to?
- Day 5 – Give us a Clue – create your own crossword.
Week 2: On a camping trip
- Day 1 – Banish the boredom – 3 word & picture finding puzzles to solve.
- Day 2 – Camp Life – Write camping themed jokes.
- Day 3 – Campfire food – Create your own burger and camp menu.
- Day 4 – My Camping Adventure – Complete a Mad Lib style camping story.
- Day 5 – Camp Bugs – Learn about insects and bugs.
Week 3: Having a staycation
- Day 1 – Fiesta Time – Drawing activity of Mexican food.
- Day 2 – Scavenger Hunt – Go around the home and measure everyday items and practice writing numbers.
- Day 3 – Designing an amusement park – Thinking of the rides and facilities plus designing a poster for their amusement park.
- Day 4 – Growing your own vegetables and herbs – Write the herbs in alphabetical order and sequence how to grow a courgette from seed to fully grown vegetable.
- Day 5 – Would you rather? – Answer the questions.
Summer Handwriting Pack
- Comprehensive 3-Week Programme - providing 15 days' worth of individual handwriting worksheets.
- Varied and Engaging Activities: The course offers a diverse range of activities to make handwriting practice enjoyable.
- Targeted Skill Development. Such as letter sizing, word spacing, writing on the line, and writing in joined-up letters
- Parental Checklist: Allowing you to track your child's progress and ensure they're effectively practicing the skills covered in the course.
- Monthly Q&A Call: Allowing you to seek guidance, gain insights, and receive personalized advice from handwriting experts.
- Suitable for 8 to 10 year olds.
Your Handwriting Guide: Introducing Sheilagh, Your Supportive Resource Creator
Sheilagh Blyth MSc, BSc OT (Hons) is the founder of Help with Handwriting.
Why choose us? Hundreds of children have been helped to get and maintain handwriting that is clear to read
Interested to know more about her and the team, click here.
Monthly Q&A Call:
Did you know...
Frequently asked questions
We understand that maintaining motivation can be a challenge. That’s why our Summer Handwriting Pack is engaging with fun activities that spark your child’s interest. From puzzles to prompts and themed weeks. We strive to make handwriting practice enjoyable. Most importantly, our aim is for them to increase their motivation and willingness to take part. You also have the access forever so who says a summer holiday cannot happen during a Christmas break?
We understand the importance of balance during the summer holidays. The activities in this pack are designed to be done within a reasonable amount of time. Typically ranging from 15 to 30 minutes per day. The intention is to provide focused practice that doesn’t feel overwhelming. These will not disrupt your child’s summer schedule.
Absolutely! We provide a parental checklist as part of the Summer Handwriting Pack. This checklist allows you to track your child’s progress. By reviewing their worksheets you’ll be able to see their improvements.
We understand that each child may have unique areas of difficulty. That’s why our monthly Q&A call provides a valuable opportunity for you to ask questions and seek guidance. They can offer advice and strategies to address your child’s specific challenges.